AndyMpire LiL Red Chevy K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyMpire

Reaction score
Hey y'all my name is Andy. My wife and I have just relocated to the Ft. Benning area. I picked myself up a 1990 RCSB K1500. I call her LiL' Red. this here will be the start of what I hope to be a long and heart filled build/ownership. its got 243k on the body and 170k on the motor. paint is less than a month old. the 5.7 TBI needs some TLC but it does run and drive. still trying to workout how to post pictures. bare with me folks.

AndyMpire

Reaction score
Here are some pics of when I bought the truck.
I paid $1800 for her. And the guy threw in a square set of 15x8 American racing wheels as well. Which I'm looking to sell. (I'll post them in the classified section) anyways here she's is. Oh and don't tell the dog but this is MY truck not hers.
You must be registered for see images attach

AndyMpire

Reaction score
Did some interior maintenance today since the weather was finally decent here. I had to rip out all the ghetto rigged speaker wire from someone that doesn't know how to use a solder iron and heat shrink wrap. That was tons of fun. Realized that the speakers were ruined so I trashed those. I plan on upgrading to the 95+? Dash and interior panels. Not sure what year they started it. But my local salvage yard has a mint interior w/ seats and center console for $200. I just hate the red and square look. That's all for today. I'm in the military and don't have too much time to work on it, between the wife, baby, and dog but ill try and keep this thread as fresh as possible. Y'all be safe.

AndyMpire

Reaction score
So I had a flat tire. I was originally gonna get it plugged but the tires were old and worn do I figured best to replace them. Well I went to Goodyear (closest tire shop to my house) to get some prices. They wanted $1071.40 for the tires I wanted. So I got online and got the identical tires with new wheels for )$1.40 cheaper than what they wanted for tires. Here's some pictures of when I put them on yesterday.

AndyMpire

Reaction score
not sure if anyone has noticed but this is my copy and paste build thread so that yall can chime in on things.

so Ive been making a list of things that Id like to address with the truck. and so far id like to strip that horrid night shade off the tail lights, recently my passenger headlight went out so ill need to address that as well. the tail gate is very finicky to open, the right side cable isn't unlatching all the way. definitey looking to rid myself of the burgundy interior (what in the hell were they thinking with that!) could use new pads and rotors and shoes. still haven't located where exactly the trans fluid leak is coming from. are there any more things that bugged/still bug yall about these trucks that is a some what cheap and easy fix? I want to buy another bed and build a custom "RAM BOX" style on the passenger side. I think it would be a good way to keep more space available in the bed instead of having those ugly diamond plated ******** in the bed. thoughts,comments, concerns? lemme know. btw these new tires are great so far tons of grip!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Looking really nice with the new rims and tires. The rest of the truck looks pretty clean too.

AndyMpire

Reaction score
ordered some replacement headlights for up front. they were beyond saving. picked em up off RockAuto.com for $17 each. and bought some mint fender flares at salvage yard full set $40!

AndyMpire

Reaction score
I received my headlights yesterday courtesy of FedEx. So this morning I installed them. I'll be doing the window motor later today as well. (wife wanted to go grocery shopping) here's some pics of the install and finished look. I also removed the plastidip someone put on the bowtie. And my dog is awesome so I had to throw that in there too.