All Stock 1991 C1500 SCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dspud

Reaction score
Just joined this site and figured I would share pics of my truck as of today. I am the third owner of this truck. I purchased it from my dad in January 2011. He purchased it from a friend of his and put 2,000 miles on it over 8 years and left it parked in the garage the rest of the time. The original owner was the kind of guy that always kept his truck washed and maintained. So, after 20 years, I figured I might as well keep it looking and running as new as possible. I have done lots of minor maintenance work to it, but mostly kept stock. A few weeks ago a friend hit the drivers door backing out of the driveway, so he paid to fix it. I had them repaint the bed sides (they had dulled a little) and put in a spray in bed liner in.

Here it is, let me know how you like it, and any ideas you have to make it look better.

Attachments

• IMG_4197.jpg
    IMG_4197.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4204.jpg
    IMG_4204.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 36

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
sharp clean look buddy. as far as idea to "make it look better", that's all on you bro. i personaly don't see anything wrong with how it looks now.

dspud

Reaction score
I am always just looking for ideas. Most ideas I have not done (except for the rims and now the bedliner). I don't want to turn this truck into some sort of 17 year olds mutant. Its not going to get spaceship headlights or taillights, or dropped. A slight lift is not out of the question, but I don't want to change my tires or rims to make it look good, so I am not sure about that yet. I'll post an inside photo in a second. Its as clean as the outside, I might consider a switchover to bucket seats over the bench and a new headliner, but other than that, i think I will keep this truck as is, unless I see something on this site that I like.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck!

A nice set of clear headlights and maybe the newer style black mirrors and I'd leave it as it that truck is really clean

dspud

Reaction score
Here is the interior. Only modifications on the inside was a stereo and speaker replacement earlier this year. I actually wanted to keep the original radio in there, (as bad as it sounds) but it went completely dead. I went to a junk yard and got a new stock radio, but when it went out a few months later, i finally bit the bullet and put in an aftermarket system. the little attachment on the top is my satellite radio (My area of the country has about 2 english speaking radio stations and the rest is in spanish).

The dashmat is not hiding any cracks, its a preemptive measure. I moved this truck from central Illinois to Southern Texas last January, and the sun is brutal down here!

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck. The modding is all up to you but i would like to see it alittle more level weither you lower the back or somehow raise the front a little.

dspud

Reaction score
I have had several friends comment on the headlights, any good deals out there for stock looking headlights?

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
I am always just looking for ideas. Most ideas I have not done (except for the rims and now the bedliner). I don't want to turn this truck into some sort of 17 year olds mutant. Its not going to get spaceship headlights or taillights, or dropped. A slight lift is not out of the question, but I don't want to change my tires or rims to make it look good, so I am not sure about that yet. I'll post an inside photo in a second. Its as clean as the outside, I might consider a switchover to bucket seats over the bench and a new headliner, but other than that, i think I will keep this truck as is, unless I see something on this site that I like.
I understand the nonmutant thing. basicaly you can do afew things to even out the ride hight, that makes a nice clean look. IMO, i'd rather have a bench seat in my blazer than the bucket and console i've got now. i used to do a few little tricks with the headliner especially if you don't have a roof console. but personaly, i think your truck looks pretty clean as is.