AIM Industries Spindles-Do They Kick The Wheels Out At All?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are pretty much exact copies of belltech spindles so maybe 1/4"
How do you know this exactly? What makes them different in design than other brand 2" spindles? Locating the spindle shaft itself, in a 2" higher location on the casting, is all thats required to design a 2" drop spindle assembly, I would think.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you know this exactly? What makes them different in design than other brand 2" spindles? Locating the spindle shaft itself, in a 2" higher location on the casting, is all thats required to design a 2" drop spindle assembly, I would think.

Put an AIM and a BellTech spindle side-by-side and you'll see they're identical with "BELL" stamped on them. The difference is that the axle shaft pushes the wheels to the outside. Lateral positioning is the same as any other brand.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" Drop AIM Brand Spindles...

Put an AIM and a BellTech spindle side-by-side and you'll see they're identical with "BELL" stamped on them. The difference is that the axle shaft pushes the wheels to the outside. Lateral positioning is the same as any other brand.
O.K., then...next time I have a front wheel off, I will look for a "Bell" stamped on my AIM spindles. I just recieved an E-Mail back from Joe, who owns AIM Industries, regarding my question. I mentioned to him that my AIM spindles were circa 1998. He said his main technical sales guy, Arron, would get right back to me, which he did, which surprised me. He said that the spindles I have, "will not change the track width of my wheels." Now, I don't know how long Arron has been with the company, so I am taking his response with a grain of salt. This is why I am asking if anyone knows absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, whether or not the AIM 2" spindles push the wheels out or not, and, if they do...how much. Like I said, I will definately look for the "Bell" stamping, on my AIM spindles. Thanks:)

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to sound like I am so critical on this question. I guess this comes from being raised by a German engineer, lol. And to make things worse, I am a marine engineer! My next step will be to purchase a brand new, stock spindle, and compare their physical demensions. Yes...I know...Its a disease...

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My belltech drop spindles, moved my wheel out a 1/2 inch per side, on the plus side though, if you are running stock control arm's, you don't have to trim the rain gutter's on the control arm's near as much as you do for DJM spindle's because of the belltech's wider track, now this trimming is only if you are running 15 inch wheel's, or ever plan on running a spare. I have installed about 20 set's of these, 1/2 DJM's, and 1/2 belltech. I have never had a problem out of either one.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Sorry to sound like I am so critical on this question. I guess this comes from being raised by a German engineer, lol. And to make things worse, I am a marine engineer! My next step will be to purchase a brand new, stock spindle, and compare their physical demensions. Yes...I know...Its a disease...

Belltech on the left, McGaughy's on the right.

You must be registered for see images attach
[/QUOTE]