Aftermarket Steering Wheel for 96 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys, I need a P/N or a link for a hub adapter/boss kit so I can put in an aftermarket steering wheel in my 96 c1500. I'm aware I'll be loosing my airbag, which i'm not all that worried about anyways. All I want to keep is my horn.

Thanks in advance.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Billet Specialties is one of the companies that makes custom wheels and adapters that fit the airbag-era trucks. There are probably also a large number of knockoff wheels on eBay that are similar design. The adapter has to not only match your column but also match the wheel you choose, so you have to get them together from the same company. It can also vary depending on the wheel style so be sure you're getting a matched pair.

Richard

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What bolt pattern do the billet specialties adapters follow? Momo or nardi?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They follow Billet Specialties pattern. So let me understand, you're looking for an adapter to attach an existing wheel you already have, to your truck? If the maker of the wheel didn't offer one, you may be SOL.

Richard

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nah I don't have a wheel already. So I'll just have to find a billet specialties wheel. Alright. I'll post if I have anymore questions.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

MXR597

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking for this a while ago, but couldn't find a GT Grant kit. I know, they're cheap, but whatever. They don't actually make one that is advertised for our trucks, I thought it might be some type of liability they're trying to avoid, but you can see some web companies will list kits for our trucks that don't crosswalk to the GT Grant site.

I'm glad you found a Momo kit. I might pay a little more and go with one of their steering wheels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious, why are people so quick to swap them out for aftermarket options? I like my factory wheels. Nice and comfy.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Why modify anything? :gr_grin:

On the serious side, I can think of 2 reasons right off the bat. Especially with the 95-up wheels, once they start to go bad, they suck. Also, the wheel is just too big. I prefer the 14" Grant I installed, plus the leather is much nicer than the coated foam rubber or whatever it was on the original.

Richard