Aftermarket extended towing mirrors question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well worth the money. Take the time to wire them as running lights and turn signals. I'm glad i did.

I have no need for towing mirrors but I absolutely love the look of them as running lights and turns. Seeing em coming down the highway with only marker lights on, badass. If the extra cash walked into my wallet, I might order some just for the look.

thz71 said:
Thats not to hard either is it?
Wouldn't think so. I can't say from exact experience but I'm sure a little bit of splicing and wire routing and they plug right in.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
im guessing if your mirrors are already power that part could be plug and play and just the lights would have to be wired up

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that link we just became a sponsor on the site. Here's a link to the 88-98 Chevy Truck tow mirror section on our website. All of out parts include free shipping. Tony

88-98 Chevy Truck Tow Mirrors

prginocx

Reaction score
FYI for everyone, I did buy the recommended mirrors, and they work great ! Switch wiring was little hard to figure out since my '94 does not have power mirrors as an option, and of course removing / re-installing the inside door panel sucked big time. I ended up using Org out of the switch for input 12V, Black as GND. Red as power to both L and R side, and tied one side of each mirror motor together to this Red pwr wire. Then there are 4 return wires (Grey, Purp/wht, Blu, Grn) for respectively Lmirror [Up/Dn] - [<-->] and Rmirror [Up/Dn] - [<-->].
Brown wire from the switch was not used ( I believe its for switch illumination). Only other issue is I bought a switch from the junkyard, out of a '95 Yukon, and its attached harness is what wires I'm talking about. I also ordered a NEW switch from LMC trucks for a '05 K2500 truck, and it did NOT work. Replacement is on the way, but I'm worried about either wiring issues, or the longevity of this used switch from the junkyard. Do these switches fail often ?

This switch is ROUND with an outside disc that you press for up/dn and <--> movement. Small 3 way pivot switch in the center of the disc for L and R and OFF select.

Anyway, its working now, the wife is happy she already drove it at night, and I'm a hero at least until I get in the doghouse again...Mirrors WELL WORTH the money.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FYI for everyone, I did buy the recommended mirrors, and they work great ! Switch wiring was little hard to figure out since my '94 does not have power mirrors as an option, and of course removing / re-installing the inside door panel sucked big time. I ended up using Org out of the switch for input 12V, Black as GND. Red as power to both L and R side, and tied one side of each mirror motor together to this Red pwr wire. Then there are 4 return wires (Grey, Purp/wht, Blu, Grn) for respectively Lmirror [Up/Dn] - [<-->] and Rmirror [Up/Dn] - [<-->].
Brown wire from the switch was not used ( I believe its for switch illumination). Only other issue is I bought a switch from the junkyard, out of a '95 Yukon, and its attached harness is what wires I'm talking about. I also ordered a NEW switch from LMC trucks for a '05 K2500 truck, and it did NOT work. Replacement is on the way, but I'm worried about either wiring issues, or the longevity of this used switch from the junkyard. Do these switches fail often ?

This switch is ROUND with an outside disc that you press for up/dn and <--> movement. Small 3 way pivot switch in the center of the disc for L and R and OFF select.

Anyway, its working now, the wife is happy she already drove it at night, and I'm a hero at least until I get in the doghouse again...Mirrors WELL WORTH the money.

hove any pics?,, my mirrors should be here tomorrow,,, i cant wait to get them!!!

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
These tow mirrors are a great buy! they work great for towing, extending wayyyy out there.

only bad part is that you have to watch for idiots in parking lots, i always fold mine in..