Aftermarket audio setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
00 Tahoe z71.
Installed a pioneer head unit alpine 4channel amp and alpine 6.5 in all doors. My problem is once volume is at a certain level play back stops on the door speaker's rear roof speakers still play.
I have the doors speakers connected directly to the amp
Could the factory amp cause this in some way?? Help is needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like a bad ground to amp and it goes into protection mode and shuts down,if you shut system down and turn back on does sound come back?

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it does come back on. Right now I only have one speaker connected to the amp with new speaker wire and it still does it one volume is turned up other wire plays fine. What type of screw should be used for the ground.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Use one of these, mounted to bare metal. Use as short of a ground wire as you can. Same size or greater than the power wire to the amp. Grounded to the frame is ideal, but not always possible.

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've tried everything I can think of. I even ran a ground from the engine to the amp same out come. The factory amp is completely out so I know it's not that. Rewired all the speakers with new wire. One thing I did notice while playing music once my multimeter drops below a certain voltage the amp goes into protect mode I can't figure out what's causing this or if that's the problem or not.

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the battery. 4gauge Rockford. It only puts out 55w RMS x4. So I figured that gauge would be fine. I'm really starting to think its the amp. I found an old mtx amp I'm going to swap but I'm not sure if it even works guess I'll found out.