Adding Body Molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
So I demolded my truck and I'm still getting use to the look but I've been thinking about putting the molding back on. so what would be the best adhesive to use to re-stick the molding? I took a quick look when I was recently at a parts store, will the 3M double sided be strong enough? with how thick it looked I wonder if it'll stick out further than it did before?

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
1/2" 3M tape. It's double sided with a red backing.

EDIT: pic for packaging reference.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
So I demolded my truck and I'm still getting use to the look but I've been thinking about putting the molding back on. so what would be the best adhesive to use to re-stick the molding? I took a quick look when I was recently at a parts store, will the 3M double sided be strong enough? with how thick it looked I wonder if it'll stick out further than it did before?

1/2" 3M tape. It's double sided with a red backing.

EDIT: pic for packaging reference.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S
This. I'm using it right now to re-attach my fender flares onto my truck and it works great. Just remember to prep both surfaces before putting the tape on. Also, the tape said to apply it when the surface is 65+ degrees fahrenheit, so keep that in mind too. I bought the tape off of Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/3M-03614-Scot...1460091861&sr=8-2&keywords=3m+automotive+tape