Add-a-leaf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
I'm not looking for a lot of lift just a little stiffer ride and a little better tire clearance. So is it worth it? How hard are they to install? Whats a good kit for me to look into? Also I need to do all 4 shocks so what would you recommend? If anyone has any before and after pics I would appreciate that too.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
This was mine with an RCX AAL and crank up front on 305/70/r16s. I have since then lifted it and pulled out the AAL and went with 3/4 ton leaf springs which I like a lot better

You must be registered for see images attach

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
Was it pretty easy to install? I've never really messed with suspension components on these trucks

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I actually didn't install it so I don't know what to tell you on that on. I did put the 3/4 ton leaf springs on myself and that wasn't to hard took me and my dad an afternoon

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually didn't install it so I don't know what to tell you on that on. I did put the 3/4 ton leaf springs on myself and that wasn't to hard took me and my dad an afternoon

What's the difference, height wise between aals and 3/4 ton leafs...

Tapatapatalk

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
the truck has 285s on it and the second one is the truck cranked level in the front

what I used outa a 3/4 ton spring pack

before

after

edit in this pic it has 265s on it it was right after the aal you can see the rake before it was cranked level no before picture though

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
the truck has 285s on it and the second one is the truck cranked level in the front

what I used outa a 3/4 ton spring pack

before

after

edit in this pic it has 265s on it it was right after the aal you can see the rake before it was cranked level no before picture though

So you just used one leaf and then the overloads? And i'm assuming the stock keys have enough room to crank level with reasonable angles?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
So you just used one leaf and then the overloads? And i'm assuming the stock keys have enough room to crank level with reasonable angles?

yes they are and yeah I used the 3/4 ton over load cuz it was thicker

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
With the 3/4 ton leaf springs you dont have to take apart the leaf pack itself. The whole pack goes in place of your current one