Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was browsing around today and found a "Silverado Group Brasil" on Fartbook:

There are several GMT400s pictured there (one picture attached).

I see there's some interest in importing US parts into Brazil. There's this guy:

"Exclusive accessories imported directly from the USA for your truck is at the 4x4 Store Brasil.
@4x4storebrasil "

FWIW.

I sometimes think it would be nice to find a jobber that would sell directly to us in the US, but... that would open up a different can of worms.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I was browsing around today and found a "Silverado Group Brasil" on Fartbook:

There are several GMT400s pictured there (one picture attached).

I see there's some interest in importing US parts into Brazil. There's this guy:

"Exclusive accessories imported directly from the USA for your truck is at the 4x4 Store Brasil.
@4x4storebrasil "

FWIW.

I sometimes think it would be nice to find a jobber that would sell directly to us in the US, but... it opens up a different can of worms.

Lol, I was searching Instagram the other day for Volvo 850 stuff and found someone all excited about putting us spec turn signals on his euro 850. I had no idea.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do look nice though huh? I would’ve jumped on these to but recently installed the Spyder glass. But, I will be following this for reviews. Fortunately, I have a Brazilian connection that could snag a pair. He did just get me a rubber cab mount kit!

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give us a review of the lighting performance? Is it noticeably better than stock? Is there any kind of cutoff beam?

If you're familiar with the typical E-code low-beam pattern (broad illumination w/ sharp cutoff, cutoff rising from the centerline upward to the right)... that's what they provide.

I should take pictures but can't right now (truck's parked for winter and it's not nearby).

(edit)

I found this picture on the WWW of a typical low-beam pattern, albeit on a Mercedes. I marked up the picture with a few lines to show the horizontal cutoff and the cutoff "rise" to the right of each reflector's centerline.

This pattern is exactly like that of the Arteb's... I remember their pattern quite well because this past December I spent some time tweaking their adjustment.

If you compare the illumination pattern to the faceting in the Arteb reflector (image attached), you can see plainly how it the pattern is generated.

Attachments

• Ecode low beam example.jpg
    Ecode low beam example.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Ecode low beam example - annotated.jpg
    Ecode low beam example - annotated.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 23
  • Left side Arteb.jpg
    Left side Arteb.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipped!

I receieved these pictures today, taken by the jobber. The third picture of the three below is one reflector / bracket assembly wrapped in bubble wrap before being individually boxed. I asked "Why are the Arteb boxes opened, now?" and the jobber replied they open all of the boxes when received to check for damage. So, they're "repackaged" to an extent for this shipment.

I don't have a tracking number but I can expect they'll arrive at the Forwarder's (in Brazil) by / before mid-week next; he'll look them over, then, to make sure they arrived w/o incident.

Sometime thereafter I'll start working with individual buyers regarding shipping to the US and payment.

Things are inching along, Folks. Welcome to the domain of International Trade, involving multiple currencies, multiple shipments and multiple intermediaries.

It would be so much easier if one could simply use Amazon Prime... :)

Attachments

• IMG-20220204-WA0120.jpg
    IMG-20220204-WA0120.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20220204-WA0114.jpg
    IMG-20220204-WA0114.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20220203-WA0106.jpg
    IMG-20220203-WA0106.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipped!

I receieved these pictures today, taken by the jobber. The third picture of the three below is one reflector / bracket assembly wrapped in bubble wrap before being individually boxed. I asked "Why are the Arteb boxes opened, now?" and the jobber replied they open all of the boxes when received to check for damage. So, they're "repackaged" to an extent for this shipment.

I don't have a tracking number but I can expect they'll arrive at the Forwarder's by / before mid-week next; he'll look them over, then, to make sure they arrived w/o incident.

Sometime thereafter I'll start working with individual buyers regarding shipping and payment.

Things are inching along, Folks. Welcome to the domain of International Trade, involving multiple currencies, multiple shipments and multiple intermediaries.

It would be so much easier if one could simply use Amazon Prime... :)

Ah, progress! Thanks for the update!

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have been following this discussion with intrest. Are the lenses of these glass or composite like the OEM on our 400's?

They're not glass.

I checked Arteb's 2014, 2018 and 2019 catalogs but they don't list the composition, there.

This For Sale ad claims the body is plastic and the lens is acrylic. From personal observation, I agree. I attached a picture which might help to illustrate.

As I think you know, these are OEM on the GMT400s from GM Brazil.

I would be inclined to protect these with a suitable protective film to mitigate rock chips or UV damage, e.g., using appropriate films from 3M, as I would other reflectors of similar composition.

Attachments

• Right side 3.jpg
    Right side 3.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: