ac vent problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pewterz71

Reaction score
hey guys sorry i haven't been on here in a while to read yalls replys. and yeah thats the issue I'm having it fogs my windows up all the time because of the humidity. and i got it checked out at a service shop and they told me that there are two rods inside the vent control box that have broken that apparently control the vent doors on the defrost vent. they are surpassingly $48 a piece and there are two of them. has anyone heard of this and has anyone replaced these or know what they are actually called? the guy at the shop wouldn't tell me much he just wanted money so he could do it.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Hey man I'm also in louisiana had the same problem it was the air chamber box. What probably happened is the door for defrost and possibly others are broken. Causing air to pass through. Go ahead and check your mode actuator it's located to the right of gas pedal and pretty high up. Check to make sure it moves when you change from defrost to floor to top air. It it does then that means it's most likely what I said. I can give you a few details on how to repair when needed. It involves tilting dash, removing seats, dropping stearing colomb and so on. I have a picture of the dash tilted and a pic of the broken flap. I will look for it and put it up here. I did mine last summer about this time... brutal in louisiana summer with no shade.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not trying to hijack this thread but mine is just blowing defrost all the time, correct temperature, and very little pressure where you put it, but good defrost regardless. I checked where the two rods by the gas pedal and the top rod is loose/broken. Please send me instructions on how to fix it, I think you are saying I will have to rotate the dash forward.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's a video of a guy replacing it, it doesn't really show much
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To rotate the dash, there is one bolt underneath the dash on each side, near the courtesy light. You will also need to loosen the steering column and drop it down. Make sure to remove the support bar under the steering wheel first. Remove the three screws on top of the dash, and it will rotate forward.