ac vent problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pewterz71

Reaction score
so I'm having an issue with my a/c vents. it doesn't matter what position my a/c vent switch is in, i get air coming out of the defrost vent on the dash and dash sides. i checked the vent door regulator and it seems to be working fine, cycling through all of the different positions fine. does anyone know what this problem is or how to fix it?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it goes into all the positions and air is coming out of the right spot compared to the knob position. But is always coming outta the defrost vents to.... sounds like either the defrost door ain't shutting all the way or the foam seal on the defrost door is gone or partly gone..

sent from what use to be a great country...

Ljm366

Reaction score
so I'm having an issue with my a/c vents. it doesn't matter what position my a/c vent switch is in, i get air coming out of the defrost vent on the dash and dash sides. i checked the vent door regulator and it seems to be working fine, cycling through all of the different positions fine. does anyone know what this problem is or how to fix it?
I'm actually having the same problem, and it's fogging up my side windows. I just thought this was normal. I have a 97.

Sent from my LG v10

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I'm actually having the same problem, and it's fogging up my side windows. I just thought this was normal. I have a 97.

Sent from my LG v10

If your defrost is fogging your windows, you have a heater core leak. Or your AC is not charged.

Ljm366

Reaction score
If your defrost is fogging your windows, you have a heater core leak. Or your AC is not charged.
The reason it's not defrosting is because I live in Louisiana where it's very humid, and when I'm running my AC during the morning, or at night when it's the most humid the AC fogs the widows up on the outside. My issue is that even if my AC is set to head, the side vents still blow cold air through them. I'm just wondering if those vents are supposed to be always on, or only open when it's set to defrost. It's both side vents.

Sent from my LG v10

Brianb5

Reaction score
Hey man I'm also in louisiana had the same problem it was the air chamber box. What probably happened is the door for defrost and possibly others are broken. Causing air to pass through. Go ahead and check your mode actuator it's located to the right of gas pedal and pretty high up. Check to make sure it moves when you change from defrost to floor to top air. It it does then that means it's most likely what I said. I can give you a few details on how to repair when needed. It involves tilting dash, removing seats, dropping stearing colomb and so on. I have a picture of the dash tilted and a pic of the broken flap. I will look for it and put it up here. I did mine last summer about this time... brutal in louisiana summer with no shade.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Brianb5

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hey guys so I'm finally getting around to fixing up my vents and ever since I've had the truck it blows air for the most part on the floor and onto the windshield no matter what position it is on. And when I changed the vent position I would hear the motor but still nothing would happen. But now I cant even hear that motor turn on at all. Also the ac doesn't work and both lights don't turn on for the ac and the resirc. I'm not sure if it's just the actuator I have to replace or if it's something to do with the control unit. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great