Ac swap troubles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just swapped the 305 tbi outta my 90 for a 87 vette motor.
Well the vette motor has a 93 silverados ac compressor.

I had to go to a pick and pull and snip off the harness connector for it as my 1990 connector was different

However the issue I'm having is with the ac lines bolting up with those washer seals on there

There's a little gap on one of them. Do you guys think I need to swap the lines and accumulator to a 93 for it to work?

I believe I had the terrible r4 compressor and this is a upgrade

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you put some pics up of the compressor and a close up of the fitting issue i'm sure we can help more. I am thinking you have a harrison(delco) variant, there were a few different ones other than the R4 back then so pics would help identify it. Regardless, the thicker seals should be easy to come by; my AC Delco new R4 came with them in the kit.

Reaction score
Okay I'll post pictures tomorrow. When I attempt to bolt on the ac lines using the washers that's there it seems to me like the right one(yellow plastic on it) is to thick or large for the hole. It sits a little crooked so I'm sure it would leak.

But I'll snap a few photos in the morning

Reaction score
This isn't the photo I got of it.

Any insight? I don't see why I couldn't go to a pick n pull. Snip the little harness connector I need for it and grab a accumulator and lineset for the compressor

You must be registered for see images attach

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you look at the ports on the back of your compressor, you'll see that the sealing surface is at a different depth on each port. They each take a different thickness sealing washer. Take a look at this document to get you pointed in the right direction.

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's still the infamous R4 compressor, just with a different port configuration.

Reaction score
That's still the infamous R4 compressor, just with a different port configuration.
Do you know the port configuration?

I assume Autozone may have my sealing washers, they had replacement ones for my year, make and model.

As far as I can tell. The accumulator, lines and condensing radiator is all factory.

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't, I was just saying the configuration that you have requires the thicker seals, which should not be hard to obtain at all. Autozone should have them.