AC Compressor took a dump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well like the title says, the AC compressor on my '99 Z71 crapped out on me on Monday. My question is though, with the seasons/weather getting cooler, do shops/dealers charge less during winter to work on these? Since the demand on them isn't as high as it would be in spring and summer.

Just thought I would ask, don't want to spend amount "X" now when in a month or two I could have saved some money.

Thanks for any input.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, at least I never did. If anything, it was more in the off season as the price of R134a would go up when the demand dropped. And book time for a compressor job is the same no matter what.

Ego mobili

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well like the title says, the AC compressor on my '99 Z71 crapped out on me on Monday. My question is though, with the seasons/weather getting cooler, do shops/dealers charge less during winter to work on these? Since the demand on them isn't as high as it would be in spring and summer.

Just thought I would ask, don't want to spend amount "X" now when in a month or two I could have saved some money.

Thanks for any input.

Short answer: Nope.

:)