Ac compressor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidAlan

Reaction score
Call me silly,when you replaced everything or what ever you did,if didnt have freon,and you had to remove a hose,did you pull a vac on it?,adding freon doesnt do diddly,what i hear is a bad compressor,I would drain system,make sure all lines are tight,pull a vac so there is no moisture in your lines,add proper amount freon,and try it again,but listening off youtube,sounds like you have a bad compressor,or if have too bring into a repair shop,quit fiddling with it,and let them check it out?

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you vacuuming off the high side and low side at the same time if not you should be.Did you put the right amount of oil in the system?

RI Chevy guy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you vacuuming off the high side and low side at the same time if not you should be.Did you put the right amount of oil in the system?

was going to suggest the same thing, easy to open the low side and think you pulled the whole system down- sounds like air and moisture are over pressurizing the system. Another thing- AC Pro has a leak sealer in it, which is known to cause problems. Try to vac it back down on both sides, then add the regular $5 can of
R-134a without all the crap in it and see if that fixes the issue

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have sealer and/or crap in the system, you need to flush it out 1st.

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The low side will pull the whole system down. OK if you have both sides hooked up. The system has continuity. You'll see the high side pin. No problem.
You can see that when operating normally with guages on, shut down, and the low and hi pressures will equalize. That's normal. Start it, turn on AC, and they should almost instantly reach operating pressures. Low about 30ish and high (depending on ambient) about 250. It will vary a bit.
The system should pull vacuum down to -30 or close, before charging.. Leave pump running for an hour to evacuate the moisture. Shut low side guage, turn off pump and watch for leaks. It should hold at mid 20s and stay there overnite.
134 oil interacts with moisture very quickly. Destroys compressors. You'll want to replace the compressor before it grenades. Once it passed metal bits, it'll be more trouble to repair than it's worth. New compressor, new filter dryer. Cut the old dryer in half and look for metal shavings. If visible...bummer. if not, replace orifice, bench add the correct 134 oil charge. Never add more oil than specified. If reusing the condenser, remove it and carefully pour out and measure the oil retained in it. If no trash, reinstall. Same with filter dryer. Measure any residual oil. Add these residuals to your charge oil. Too much oil is worse than slightly less than spec.
The sight glass is not ideal for 134. Use guages only for ref. The sight glass will likely look cloudy when working properly. R12 worked great with sights. 134 doesn't. Use 134A and not "hotshot" or hydrocarbon based. refrigerant.
If the AC won't hold -25" overnite, r134 will leak out.
Always use the correct compressor lube for your compressor and application. If you have a rear AC, use that spec for your year model.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk