ABS removal on a 96

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Is there a write up on removing the abs from a 96? I know there’s one for a 90 but it says that’ll only work for 88-94.

Coroner81

Reaction score
I'm in the process of this now I was just about to make a thread since I'm having serious problems with bleeding the brakes.

I pretty much removed the entire ABS setup from the fender, made a simple bracket, mounted a combination valve for disc/drum and ran new lines. Assuming I did everything correctly, and didn't overlook anything it was fairly easy. The combination valve (proportioning and metering valve) was $40ish for a brass unit, plus the cost of whatever lines you decide to replace.

But there's more than one way to skin a cat. Someone else might have better advice

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Well once you get the write up done let me know, I’m going to do the hydro booster swap to mine and I’m wanting to remove all of the abs while I’m doing it.

Coroner81

Reaction score
I've been considering the hydro swap for a couple years now. Unless I can get my brake bleeding issue under control, there's no sense

The replacement was pretty straight forward, I just need to make sure what I did was correct, and then I'll throw an update here for ya.