ABS Kicks on at Parking Lot Speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been awhile since I've posted here. Good to see the site is still very active. :)

Anyway, I've had a LOT of brake issues on my truck - been to the shop 3 times now for a variety of issues. In the past year (about 6K miles per year), I've had the rotors, pads, drums, and shoes all replaced, as well as rupturing 2 brake lines. So you'd think at this point my brakes would be good to go for awhile. Well, now I'm getting the ABS to kick on at parking lot speeds, especially when the wheels are not straight (turning into a parking spot, for example). This issue existed prior to my most recent trip to the shop for a ruptured brake line (I did tell them about the ABS issue), and it persists to this day. The way it "feels" is when you are braking at speeds under 10 MPH, the brake pedal kinda loses pressure/falls a bit further down, and the ABS triggers. Releasing your foot from the brake and reapplying resolves it, but with winter here and a very hilly commute, I'd rather have this fixed. Any ideas...?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was a TSB on low speed activation of the ABS system. Maybe it will help...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk