ABS bleeder maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shamrock246

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have the money to buy a TECH 2 and i'm not sold on the Chinese clones even tho they don't seem to bad. So after lots of research on the internals of the ABS unit and watching you tube videos on how the automated scanners bleed this ABS unit i decided to buy a used ABS unit and figure out how to cycle the valves and run the pump externally. It runs off a 12 source i.e. Trucks battery,jump pack etc that's were the jumper style clamps go to. I removed the existing electrical portion of the ABS and mounted my modified unit. The big clamps go to a 12v source (battery) and the 2 blue connectors from the relay go to the ABS pump connector.For some reason i can't run the isolation valves individually but can run the dump valves independently but not sure if this really affect's anything.

This is the procedure i used it didn't make difference in my pedal feel but it did turn my fluid black in the reservoir that was full of clean fluid and rest of the system was pressure bleed several time's before i used it.So i might not have gotten any air in the ABS unit when changing out my master cyl

1- with your foot on the brake pedal hit the dump valve and pedal goes to the floor
2- release dump valve and press isolation valve and hit the pump switch and the pedal comes back up.
3- I did that multiple times for front and rear then rebleed the system

I'm not sure the procedure the TECH 2 use's maybe someone knows.
It cost about $80 for the ABS unit the rest of it i had laying around

You must be registered for see images attach