???about shell rotell synthetic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so I got my oil changed today and had the grease monkey put the rotell full synthetic deisel oil in since it was on sale. my question is does it still have the zinc in it like the conventional rotell or should I get some Inc additive to put in also.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
so I got my oil changed today and had the grease monkey put the rotell full synthetic deisel oil in since it was on sale. my question is does it still have the zinc in it like the conventional rotell or should I get some Inc additive to put in also.

no it does not and neither does regular rotella anymore

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
really? I thought since it was a deisel motor oil it had to have the zinc in it.

it did till i think 2 years ago, guys had used rotella for break in oil on flat tappet motors until shell finally took it out due to fed regulations and it ruins the cats on newer diesels.

the new oil formula has other wear inhibitors

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
all of us on dieselplace with the 6.5 diesel just use rotella as is with no ill effect, i run the rotella t6 synthetic

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
You should be fine. Personally I use the 5qt jugs of Motorcraft 15w40 (red jugs with the POWERSTROKE DIESEL branding) in my 5.7 because it's basically free. Pretty much any diesel oil will do fine in older engines.

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
COOL.went with the T6. I was watching a video on the website and they said that oil can go. almost 100k miles between changes. So what would the mileage be for our trucks with the gas.