A machinist , a turbo and his L31 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
I would suggest checking the oil pan for leaks with a light solvent before the pan gets installed and the engine dropped in place.

This isnt my first rodeo . Why do you think the picture of the pan is over my kitchen sink? Thats where it was cleaned and checked for leaks . My parts washer was full of crap.I had two pin holes . I thinks thats pretty good , for me . If you look closely you can see where I marked the spots, pin holes with purple sharpie . They have been welded and the pan has been installed by now.
-------------------------------------
So the I worked on the hot side a little more today and yesterday. The intercooler piping will be here monday . For the most part the engines going to have to stay in no for fitment of everything. I had to move the turbo up few inches to clear my tall valve covers and coil packs . I love my strong hand tools welding table it would have sucked doing this with out being able to fixture stuff. I was just thinking I would never have been able to build this motor at the price I did if it was a LSX and I almost went that route. Here some pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Up date . So I tiged the T4 extension. Too me quit a while to weld that thing . I think it was because the size of the gaps.
I found a nut at my local hardware store for my oxygen sensor . The headers only had one . BTW if any one is looking for nuts and bolts this place by me is great and there price are unbelievable what would cost 30$ at home depot would only cost 2$ there and there selection is unbeatable. There website is Nutty.com
So next I will be cutting and turning the waste gate slight . Its rubbing on my frame . I also have to weld in my wide band sensor in . I grabbed some black rustoleum for my frame figured I might as well for 8 buck its good insurance.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Any one here have a mechanical flex fan? Im trying to figure out what spacer I need.

Last edited:

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
**** my photo bucket account I have the dreaded kitten now. Ill fix the links soon .
Who remembers these video! GMT400s FTW!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Lift kits in . grabbed a 2500 stall , Motors in. GT45 oil drain has been fitted and tigged into place . 99.9 percent of the wirings finished. Trying to finish the hot side. My bender doesnt have a die that goes as large as my exhaust , so I used the pie formula to cut sections with my protractor and bandsaw. I couldnt of bent a pipe transitions as nice as what I made. OMG I had to cut out every single bushing . I redid the whole suspension wouldnt you know it was impossible to get every bushing out. Each one took a day. Not exaggerating.
Ill be doing my waste gate to dump next . Then Cold side , 19 row Tranny cooler with an10 lines , and AN fuel line should be in any day.
I purchased a unwelded Ford 9 inch . After I get her running Im going to try and do a front ford 9" IFS. Hoping to prime and start it in a few weeks.
I had a helper to stab the motor.
Does any one on this site use HP tuners? Im trying to figure out what tune I should start with.

Last edited:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Wow that pipe looks like it took a while to make lol. Nice build man cant wait to see what the reaults are

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Wow that pipe looks like it took a while to make lol. Nice build man cant wait to see what the reaults are
I have hour probably of cutting fitting and tacking and 2- 2 1/2 of tig time. Im still new to the tig process , im getting better but sometimes I need to slow down to keep my puddle from getting away from time to time. SO I take longer than most.
Once ya get going its not bad . I grab a few red bulls and get to it.
You and me both . The wife isnt to happy either. What was suppose to be a hone and re-ring turned into undercarriage restoration plus performance parts.
Should be firing it up week or two tops. 4 gage cable and -AN fittings came in today just waiting on my fuel hose.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I feel ya man, im sketchy at best when it comes to tig welding. Usually its just trying to build up a part to machine it or something along those lines. I build a fuel cell once out of some 1/16 thick stainless and it took me forever to get it water tight.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Wastegate 2 down pipe. I have one section unwelded. I have to add all the gaskets and tq everything to spec before I can finish welding the section encase of misalignment.