a little custom painting.....from a can!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
just thought id post this to show anything can look good if done right, i know spray paint is far from the professional method, but even the paint and body teacher at my trade school is amazed by some of the stuff i do with a rattle can, he even sent some pics to another school just to brag. so i figured id share some pics. i do it when i get bored, and some people even offer to pay me....it serves as a cheap alternative for the d.i.y. guy

You must be registered for see images attach

first off i painted the intake on my 96', and put the waterdrop effect on the vortec letters...i hadnt perfected the waterdrop effect yet

ive been smoking tail lights for a while now, but rather than using professional clear and stuff, i did this with vht niteshade and plastikote clear coat..

this is a bowtie that i did for my buddy's 95', i was starting to get better with the waterdrop effect

finally i decided to take a plunge and try something that really shows, and painted my valance....it turned out great, and its proving to be pretty durable too.....and everyone thinks i had a body shop do it.....

if you do it right, anything comes out good.....its always better to use the right method, but for those guys like me that are still in school and paying their build on a minimum wage budget....this is the way to go

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything looks great man! Espically that bowtie, hard to believe you did that with rattle cans...

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys, and yeaaa, im amazed with some of it too, the paint and body guy is always asking how i do it and wanting to see more