A little Before & After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Truck looks good but have you tried taking the stick on scoops off and taking an eraser wheel to it. It might work and save some money on that cowl hood if it looks good.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, looks way better now.

But the only hood scoops i like are ones with a blower sticking out of it and personally i hate cowl hoods.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I see what you did there.......:lol:

No use for this post ^, he was talking about taking an eraser wheel to the double sided tape under the scoops, not the the hood scoops themselves, it wouldn't do anything but sloooowly burn the paint.

I would take them off, but the thing I am afraid of is what is underneath the scoops, could be faded red paint. When I have a little disposable money everything will be taken care of.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Actually, I would be worried about the opposite. Depending on how long the scoops have been on there, the rest of your paint may be a little faded and worn, and you would have two bright red spots on your hood. Honestly, it depends on how bad you want them off. If you really don't like them, you could pull them and if it looks like crap, you can just put them back on. If you don't really care, just do whatever.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Actually, I would be worried about the opposite. Depending on how long the scoops have been on there, the rest of your paint may be a little faded and worn, and you would have two bright red spots on your hood. Honestly, it depends on how bad you want them off. If you really don't like them, you could pull them and if it looks like crap, you can just put them back on. If you don't really care, just do whatever.

I really don't mind them, 98% of the people in my town think my truck is cool and probably don't know squat about the GMT400 truck, other than theirs has 4 wheel drive and a radio. If you think about it, they are just another thing to add to the truck, just like aftermarket tail lights, cab lights, visor, bug guard, running boards, big tips, headlight covers, towing mirrors. They dont have to serve a purpose.. Obviously there is a market for them, they are like $90 and are in magazines, and the previous owner liked them.

The hood was repainted with the hoodscoops already on it I was told, so the paint under is most likely not as bright. Whoever painted this hood did a super good job, hands down. Take a look for yourself.

You must be registered for see images

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Yeah, that paint does look clean. I didn't know it was painted with them on. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about them is the line where they meet the hood. If someone did some body work to make it look like all one piece, I would have no problems at all. I agree with you that they are just another aftermarket item, and there is a market, it's just people's taste is all it comes down to. We're not tryin to beat on your truck, just stating opinions.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Yeah, that paint does look clean. I didn't know it was painted with them on. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about them is the line where they meet the hood. If someone did some body work to make it look like all one piece, I would have no problems at all. I agree with you that they are just another aftermarket item, and there is a market, it's just people's taste is all it comes down to. We're not tryin to beat on your truck, just stating opinions.

Oh I know you guys are just stating opinions, and Im cool with that, but I really dont understand why you guys dislike them so much, they arent all blocky and discolored, they are actually quite sleek and add a little definition to the hood I think. Dont get me wrong, nothing beats a nice 400 dollar cowl induction hood. TEHO

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cool truck, I have accualy thought about making a fuctional ram air hood with those scoops and my other hood i have sitting in the garage