A little Before & After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I would of posted this in the Build section, but there's really only a few pictures here, but this is some of the stuff I did to my truck.

My camera is usually dead when I'm doing something with my truck, but basically I bought it, brought it home and took that picture you all are about to see. In the first picture you will see a 1996 Chevy K1500 z71 5.7L with 175,000(odd) miles. 10 bolt 3.73 gears, tan interior (flawless). Stick on hood scoops, true dual straight pipes (3.25x18) black chrome tips, stock Chevy wheels painted black with unpainted centers, poorly painted black parking lights, blue neon lights under dash with toggle switch. 2 10 Inch MTX audio subs in 1 box sitting on back seat, and a Callcell amp.

All that came with the truck, but the first real mod I did was paint the bow tie, and nite shade the tail lights. Unfortunately I nite shaded in the cold so they cracked and looked like hell for a long time, after that I bought some new parking lamp housings and that front 4x4 plate, bought a tonneau cover, demolded/badged, took off the pinstripe, bought fancy 16x8 Vision Wheels, Bought a set of 265/75r16's from a buddy for $85 bucks because my old tires were shot, Headlight covers, repainted bow tie and tail lights, got 3rd brake light working and tinted it, Did a 2" BDS Block lift with a torsion crank, Painted Vortec box and tow hooks.

For engine work I've only replaced the Alternator in a parking lot, and just yesterday a Thermostat housing gasket.

I just had a MOOG Pitman and Idler put on the other day.

Other than that I have 211k Miles on it now and it still runs like a champ.

The paint on the truck felt really gritty, so I clay barred it and wow, did that make a difference, one of the last picture shows the hood after a full wash, clay bar, wax.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good progress man. It looks alot better. Not a fan of the light covers, but TEHO.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I'd like to know what the PO was thinking with most of the "mods" he did. You've made that truck a lot better, what's up next? Just curious, are you keeping the scoops? .....alright, I'll admit, I'm not a fan of the stick on scoops, and a 3" cowl hood would look beastly on that truck.:evillol:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Well my list of things next for the truck is

2" Cowl Hood
Smoothie Bumper (color matched)
New grille (color matched)
Limi tint for the rear windows and 35% for the truck
3" body lift
33" (305/70r16) Treadwrights