A.I.R. Pump Valve (Discontinued)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy,

So I've been getting a really obnoxious squeeling/humming/gurgling sound from underhood on my 98 Vortec 454. Snooping around for it, it's coming from the mushroom shaped A.I.R. Pump Valve (12550930 part number on top). Looking for a replacement it shows discontinued everywhere. It doesn't seem like it's the fuel pressure regulator though I might just do that seeing as I have the parts already.

Any idea of what could be used instead? Living in CA, they go snooping for things like that at the annual smog check.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If all else fails, either visit the Treasure Yard for a functional used unit, or take the faulty one you have off the vehicle and figure out a way to fix it.

There's plenty of parts that were not INTENDED to be disassembled,,,that can be disassembled, cleaned, and returned to functionality. I'm not saying it's easy, and I'm not saying you're guaranteed to have a working part when you're done. I'm saying that if you're clever and resourceful, you have a better-than-50/50-chance of success.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pm'd you a potential solution.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pm'd you a potential solution.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
I'll get back to you on it. Pending a bit more examination of the response below.

Didn't even think to look on a 97, interesting that it is still available and not that pricey either.

Thanks to everyone