A day to remember... never forgotten ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:patriot:Sept 11 2001. Decided to post a thread on here in respect to all the lives lost during this tragic day. Feel free to chime in. I'm sure we all got different stories about where we were during that day. I included a few images. Feel free to post any images you have/find.. I was actually in school during this day and only remember getting home early and watching the news talk about the twin towers and the Pentagon. Being in houston I remember my mom saying they thought houston would be attacked as well.. lot of chaos that day. As I grew up and could understand better exactly what happened, I started to pay more attention to the documentaries and read articles. Ever since then I've kept myself in the mindset of never forgetting that day and all our first reponders and civilians who died that day. :patriot:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Guido

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that every one of us will remember forever what was doing in the moment of the attack ! I was in office because in Italy it was 2.23 pm and all the people in our building stopped every activity to follow the TV programs in silence, looking at those unbelievable and frightening images ! I send a strong hug to all the people that suffered for the death of a relative or a friend , God Bless You !!

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I was running a screen print machine, with the radio playing, and heard them come on, saying they think a plane crashed into one of the towers. For a moment they thought it was an accident, then the other hit. The reality of the situation set in, and it was unbelieveable. Then heard about a third plane, at the Pentagon. I don't think we heard about the fourth one, until after work, it was all just crazy, and like nothing I had ever heard or seen in my life.

The morning radio show was discussing it this morning, and letting people call in to share their experiences. The DJs got choked up on a couple, and me too a little.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I remember where I was. At work, going to the receiving area of the Walmart I merchandised magazines in, and the receiving clerk was talking about it ( he had a radio on his desk). When I had left home that morning, there was a report of a crash in NYC that was unconfirmed. It was confirmed by the time I got to work. While I was there, the second plane hit. The receiving clerk was more scared than I'd ever seen him.
In Houston area, we really weren't sure if the refineries were going to be targeted too. I remember talking to a friend in Austin, and having that as topic of conversation. Thank God that didn't happen; Houston area would probably be a crater.
At that time, Walmart had TVs all over the store that ran Walmart channel, ads and movie previews and so forth. They transitioned to news feed, ABC news IIRC, and kept the TVs on that for the next 2 weeks. Local radio was the same way, news 24/7. It still seems so surreal that it could and did happen....

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was at school in 7th grade in the middle of the country and it still felt so crazy. We knew something was up because a few teachers were huddled together around a radio in tears. Shortly after we noticed that the staff made an announcement regarding what was happening and said they were sending us all home early. Every radio and TV in the school was tuned to the news until we left the building. Seeing the footage on TV walking out of the cafeteria was so surreal.

My heart goes out to the first responders and anyone directly or indirectly effected, I can't even imagine. Such a tragedy.

s98gmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in my mid 20s at the time so remember it well. I had the day off and was sitting outside reading. My mom called and said I should turn on my TV. I watched the second tower fall and I remember how powerful and awful it felt. I'll never forget watching that.

I also lived near an airport at the time and I remember how quiet and eerie it felt in the days following.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I was way too young to remember anything on 9/11/01. My dad said he was at work and my mom said she was at home and saw it on TV. From what I've seen from YT videos, must've hard to watch something like that happen, especially to those who had family members in those towers. Thankfully, we haven't had anything tragic like that happen in a long time. I would like to go to NY and see the memorial place where the towers fell.

I was doing some research on music one day and found out that after the attacks they had banned a lot of music from the airwaves for a while for having "questionable lyrics": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_memorandum

And to those who like Evanescence, they wrote a song called "My Last Breath," the attacks inspired them to write the song:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ThundahBeagle

Reaction score
I was doing very short term contract work with John Hancock company in Boston. Tallest office building in the city. We had set it up so that my start time was after rush hour, so I had just gotten dressed when I got a call from one of my employees who was on site. First plane had hit and the speculation was a possible crash.

I headed to my parlor to watch the news and was talking on the phone as I finished gathering my gear for the day, and watched the second plane hit.

At that point we all knew it was war. There was a sinking feeling as I made my way to town. I got a call from John Hancock and ended up remaining contracted to them for 6 months, round the clock.

I will never forget standing in the middle of the street that night, looking straight up, and the only air traffic was jet fighters streaking across the sky like banshees.

Those people at Shanksville truly define the word "hero." Yes, the police, fire and ambulance crews are absolutely heroes. But those people on that plane..."average Joes" who were told by their families what was really going on, and determined to stop it as much as was within thier power.

Driving home after that first long shift after the attack, I could see people outside on thier porches and lining the streets with American flags and candles.

Politics aside, but watching the President stand on that smoldering pile of rubble with the fire chief (?) a few days later was truly uplifting, at least for me. Unfortunately it was also a call to arms. Mr. Bush was speaking, but someone in the crowd shouted that they couldn't hear him. At that point, President Bush just turned to the fireman and took his bullhorn, saying "But I can hear YOU! The rest of the world hears you, and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear ALL of us soon!" And he wasn't smiling when he said that. It was a somber reckoning that something would have to be done about this.

God Almighty, I will never forget. I rue the day I get alzheimers, because I dont ever want to forget. Some things need to be recognized and remembered.