a/c compressor help????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camaro8484

Reaction score
i have a 1998 chevy k1500 5.0 v8, i bought this truck a year ago when i first got it i bought the r134a or w.e it is at walmart put it on the line put some in it went up to 45psi , the clutch would engage then shut right off then it would engage n shut off it would keep doing this, then after while it just doesn't engage ne more any one have any input on if its the compressor its self if its the system just needs a recharge or what???? thanks guys i appreciate it!

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
needs more of a charge when charging it disconnect the pressure switch on the accumulator and jump the plug with a paperclip before you ad the freon

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah sound's like it need's more charge to me also, and yeah like mentioned jump the low pressure switch to force the clutch on and then charge it.

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes should like it needs chargered or you can tak ethe cover off the relay and ck it while you jumping the compressor to run..