'99 Yukon Factory Entertainment help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Bought a Yukon with factory entertainment, but it's missing EVERYTHING. All it has is the screen. The wiring still goes to under the passenger front and rear seats. What do I need to make this operable? Can I pick up an aftermarket DVD player that will work with it? Do I need headphones or does the sound come through the speakers? ANY help is appreciated, I know NOTHING about these systems.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
That option is pretty rare. I've never seen one in person. I would probably get a PAC GM9 audio adapter and try to cut and fit one of those universal mount flip down screens with a dvd player into the overhead console.

You could take pics of the wiring connectors and I might be able to make better suggestions.

orangeastre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please take some photo's of the connector's. I worked on one of these years ago and it seem's to me you can integrate some aftermarket stuff with some work.

orangeastre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The connector's under the seats would be great. Is the factory radio and over head screen still there?

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Aftermarket head unit. Valor Multimedia w/flip out screen and DVD capable. Factory Audiovox screen is still in the OHC as well.
Here's under the front seat. Typical A/V cables. There's a pair of bare wires in the background
You must be registered for see images attach

Under back seat. I assume the white plug is what I'm missing up front.
You must be registered for see images attach

orangeastre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Audiovox screen in the roof is aftermarket, the console it is in was an aftermarket piece by Audiovox. These pieces were often dealer installed or sold as a "option" by the dealer. I installed a ton of those back when I first got into the car audio biz. The A/V cables are obvious, the white connector is your power/ground connector. The small connector I am not sure about. It could be a wired remote input or a return from a rf or i/r eye somewhere near the screen. You should be able to install any DVD player under the seat and be at the movies in no time. Hopefully this helps!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Awesome. Appreciate it. What about sound? Does this system support wireless headphones?

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Hook up an xbox or a dvd player to it and see if the audio works. Yellow is video, red/white is audio.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Well, yeah, but if I want to listen to the radio and not hear the movie my kid's watching...