99 tahoe rear shackle hangers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took my cheap tahoe to get an inspection and the mechanic says I need to replace the rear shackles and shackle hangers. Can i use 1500 shackle hangers? Or are the tahoes signifigantly different? I am going to do a sas at some point this summer so will do a flip in the back but right now I just need to get his blessing to get it on the road. I dont think i can do a flip and keep it low enough to deal with the stock or even cranked front?

Thoughts?

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well to answer my own question the Tahoe hangers are drilled closer on the top two holes. I am going to use the 1500 ones which are available and relocate the holes on the hanger.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Apologies for not responding sooner.
The bolt pattern is not the only difference.
2whlDr. truck guys use the Tahoe hangers to lower their trucks an additional inch above (below? Lol!) & beyond the usual lowering kits of either 4" or 6"
Be sure to check to see if the positioning of the spring's eye remains in the same position. Those truck hangers may actually raise the rear of a Tahoe 1", depending on where you bolt them onto the frame rails.

daturbosix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
truck guys use the Tahoe hangers to lower their trucks an additional inch above (below? Lol!) & beyond the usual lowering kits of either 4" or 6"

well thats good to know!!

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup. They raise the rear an inch if you don't move the bolt holes. The Tahoe hangers are shorter.

Last edited: