99 Tahoe exhaust diameter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What engine?

I have a 98 pickup with the 5.7 and 2-1 stock exhaust. My pipes between the header and cats were 1-7/8 when I cut and re-welded them after lifting it. I don't know if it's just my truck but the pipes don't exactly look like the most precision work and it wouldn't suprise me if they changed diameter at different points along the system.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All Tahoe/Yukons come with the 350. 4 doors that is. 2 doors are 350 or diesel.
Or the 6 cylinder 4.1 gas or 4.2 turbo diesel. I have seen examples of both here in Texas. The Mexican V8 ones also had TBI to the end of production around 2000.

I am assuming we are talking about a US build 350 Vortec though.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All Tahoe/Yukons come with the 350. 4 doors that is. 2 doors are 350 or diesel.
I saw a 4 door diesel GMT400 Tahoe once, no idea if it was stock or which diesel it was though.

OP your best bet is to just get down there and measure. A set of cheap calipers will do much better than trying to guestimate it with a ruler or tape. We can all speculate on what it should or might be but the only way to know for sure is to measure the actual pipes on the actual truck.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have the dynomax kit on my Yukon with a turbo muffler, doesn't pop at all, mellow sound at idle or getting on it. Does have a wee bit of drone, but only driven up n down the road. Doesn't seem too bad. Also has the jeg's offroad intermediate pipes with no cats, stock manifolds.