98chevyz71's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
As Scott and Taylor said to do Im starting a build thread
Ive had my truck for 7 or 8 months now and its my first car and still in school so don't have very much money to spend on it. When we were driving it home from St cloud mn I noticed the tranny was slipping going from 2nd to 3rd and it did it every once in a while so we drove it to grandmas house in Cedar rapids Iowa and had no problems with it in November the we took it down there a couple days before Christmas and around Floyd Ia we were having problems and about 20 min later we heard a badump and the tranny had just the shifted into 4th gear and it was fine the rest of the way there and when we were leaving we droped my sisters off at their house in Quasquetion IA [my parents are divorced I live with dad sisters live with mom] then around cedar falls/waterloo the transmission lost 4th gear and it was Christmas day nothings opened but its a CHEVY so it still drove 40mph so drove to the gas station quick trip and bought all the tranny fluid it burnd 3 of them with in 20 min so we ended staying at the super 8 and calling l and m or something like that and we drove it in there the next morning they said theyed check it out and they pulled it around so they said wich they didn't because the way they pulled it around it would have been in there impound lot they said a tranny from them just for labor is $1900. so we just had them tow it home the the tranny was done and now everything is great and every single engine part is new down to the plastic on with the pics
You must be registered for see images attach

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
might pull off my mud flaps tonight and send them to Taylor ill PM you when I do

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
well thanks man but don't feel like you have to