98 Vortec cam suggestions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score

Red97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a very good torque cam. don't expect it to pull much past 4000 rpm. a ca m install is pretty complex, remove 1,radiator 2, all accessory's 3, air box, throttle body, distributor, intake,spider tray, lifters, timing cover, timing chain pull the cam. lube up the new cam install and it must be installed to exact specs. Also you should look into a custom tune to go with the cam. if you do not have a tune already. look into getting a tune before a cam, you will be very happy with the results of just the custom tune in your truck. also headers and a free flowing exhaust would be much easier to install.

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/0511ch_camshaft_installation/index.html

this link should get you started. also do some searching on Google.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
ok... may wait til i get a chance to pull the motor for a bit of freshening up then... thanks red...

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
sry to ***** noremac's thread but where is a good place to get a tune? i had my sonoma tuned by Wait4Me and was unhappy with the results

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as far as the extreme4x4 cam line goes, i would def like to put on in a stock vortec if that is where i was going with mine.