98 Silverado Extended Cab - Swap buckets and console for bench seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clay Wiggins

Reaction score
My Silverado has power buckets with the center console. I'd like to swap to a bench to get the sixth seat, will a bench bolt right in? Will I have to mod anything? I've searched the forum and found lots of bench to bucket swaps but not much information on the reverse. Thanks in advance.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
With the 60/40 you'd have to drill 2 holes for the inner ps rail, all others match up.

If you're going buckets to full bench, eliminating the console and buckets, the outer bolt holes are all that is used, I did this with my truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've found the newer the truck is, the more likely that the extra bolt holes will already exist and be filled with a torx bolt. Just lift up the carpet once you get your buckets out and see. When I swapped my '94 from buckets to split bench, didn't have to drill anything.

The #1 concern with swapping a split bench into your extended cab is to be sure to get the seat from an extended cab. The middle rails are different; regular cab and crew cab seats won't fit without a battle.

Richard

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just find a 60/ 40 seat. Out of ext cab. Just remember 94 and earlier is 40 on driver, 60 on pass side. 95 and later is 60 on driver and 40 on pass side.