98 Sierra shop truck project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive come to a point in my life, where having a lowered truck isn't practical for **** all. I need a truck that is good on fuel, and will be able to tow/haul... and go through rough terrain without messing stuff up... I lifted it back up, sold the kit..

Exactly! If you live in somewhere like san diego where 300 days of nothing but sunshine, then a lowered truck is great. But to live in Canada where snow falls oct-may, it makes no sense to have something low to the ground. And if you live in the country, its even worse because drifts get huge.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I understand why you raised it back up. Im in the same boat but am thinking about selling my lowered truck to buy a z71. It looked great lowered but im sure youll be happy with it raised back up.

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
who said i won't be there baker! lol my truck may not be lowered, but its still modified... i might be towing a trailer with a Caddy on the back tho haha

blew the G80 out of it tuesday, But a new 3.42 Open diff in with a Richmond Lock-Right

You must be registered for see images attach

just waiting for a new pinion seal

Last edited:

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
Slight updates on the truck now... These are some older pics from this summer. Hopefully next year ill be going for a shop-truck theme with it. Its becoming a "gopher" truck aka parts getter for our other builds at home (71C10,66 Coupe Deville,78 Porsche 924, 280Z datsun, and my 86K1500)

She's done good so far :) Changed rear brakes, the other night due to a leaky brake cylinder, Needs front rotors (warped from trailering too much for the truck) and going to get new calipers and pads while im at it, im looking at buying a 98 C1500 parts truck with a blown motor, mint body.

New ideas include

New front brakes (EBC Drilled & Slotted rotors, EBC Pads, Stock calipers)
Body Job (Same colour repaint, Colour Match LineX rockers & bedliner)
Shop logo sanded into the paint (Blood Sweat & Gearz)
New tool box
Shoty Headers
Refreshed Exhaust (SI/DO Flowmaster 40 3" bolt in bolt out Cat 90's behind back tires)
Heavier front Sway bar
Rear Sway Bar
20" Gunmetal coy's C5's
275/45R20 General Grabbers

and yes... ive thought of a 2/4 drop, with tow/haul rear airbags...

severedchris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had to chime in on this one....lowered vehicles can tow and be just as useful as a stock truck...unless of course you live somewhere where terrain is an issue..but in Louisiana there is a paved road wherever I need to go...its all about using the correct suspension components, wheel tire combo, doing the install correctly which includes getting an alighnment and maintianing the proper pinion angle and of course helper bags, so that you can have your payload back...im just saying my daily is 4/6 on 26" wheels and it rides, drives and tows like a dream....but don't think im bias I love a lifted truck just as much....: )