98 Sierra Body drop in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunSetPrez

Reaction score
since im body dropped. will i need to run a e-fan? i was reading up on conversions. and see that ford mark VIII fans are the ones to run with a volvo relay?

No you wont need one. They clean up the look of the engine compartment nicely. You will loose your fan shroud but the stock radiator is big enough and the stock fan pulls more than enough air. That being said I usually drop in an electric anyway but it will work fine without it.

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great man! Im mostly into the 4wds but im def impressed with how clean this is turning out especially considering you are using a stick welder!

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

lol im not using stick. just a lil craftsman flux

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No you wont need one. They clean up the look of the engine compartment nicely. You will loose your fan shroud but the stock radiator is big enough and the stock fan pulls more than enough air. That being said I usually drop in an electric anyway but it will work fine without it.

awesome! but what fan and relay and any of that good stuff did you use?

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I got the cab off the stands and layed it out, it lays even all around and quite hard too. then tubbed the firewall and started petitioning for exotic minis

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

my friend bought this dodge built by Nfamus somewhere in east Texas im sure some of you guys seen it? took it for 9K!

SunSetPrez

Reaction score
This thing is coming out way cleaner than my first body drop did but that was 14 years ago on this coming monday that i started it. ive done well over 100 now and there still a pain in the ass lol. i wish there were forums in the late 90's

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh man that means alot. thanks! well ill be in tucson for new years weekend with my lady so i probably wont be able to touch the truck till wednesday :rockit:

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so we got hit with snow on friday and just waiting on the snow to melt away so i can continue
meanwhile ive been stuck with figuring out what to do with my ac. i found these pics from a member on gmfs, the box is built by haggard fab? well this truck is a nbs but can i make a box just like it for the obs? I think this yellow box is for a nbs. dont i need a open vent for that opening up above in the firewall? the hole im talking about is in the pic above the blower box