98 k1500 interior seat removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have any info for removing seats in a 98 extended cab? I am planning on removal seats to replace the carpet because of a water leak thanks.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Remove the nuts/bolts holding them to the floor. Unplug any electrical connectors. Remove seats. Install is opposite of removal.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Youll,need a t45 or t50, cant remember, for the seat belt bolt if you have a split bench. And its not fun to get out. I had to drill mine out an re-tap the hole to get another bolt in it. Other than that its easy lol.

Edit: Make sure you have multiple torx bits, i broke 4 before i drilled. The seat bolts shouldnt be bad.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I'm just removing seats do i need to remove anything else if I'm replacing the carpet? What size are the bolts holding the seats in?

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Yea I'm just removing seats do i need to remove anything else if I'm replacing the carpet? What size are the bolts holding the seats in?

anywhere from 12 - 18 mm, plus torx. Just get your socket set and try various sizes until you find the correct one.