98 GMC K1500 w/ 5.7L Vortech. NEED HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradenlee671

Reaction score
Here’s the backstory - I replaced power steering pump, and got everything back together, and this is what I’m left with. Making a knocking sound. Aluminum on aluminum sound. It’s very apparent up too between the AC Comp and Alt. I’ve already replace the drive belt tensioner, it was not bad, still same issue. Take the belt off the truck, fire it up, the noise is gone. I’m leaning towards maybe water pump? The noise is at the front/top side dead center. Right around the Tstat housing. I’m not really sure what’s going on. Does anyone have any ideas? The truck is running great, just that annoying ass sound. I’ve spun every pulley independently, and have no play and no noise. Now after about 15 min of driving the noise goes away significantly and is very hard to hear. I’m stumped. Any ideas??? I have videos but can’t figure out how to post them.