98 GMC C1500 - Texas' Finest!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ I like the color. Nice truck!

On a non-GMT400 note, my DD Titan was totaled back in August in a rear end collision.
You must be registered for see images
That's what a totaled 2007 Titan looks like.

I replaced it last month with a new 2015 Ram with the Pentastar V6. I drove a new Chevy but I just wasn't feeling it. The power from the V6 engine/8 speed is surprisingly very good. Not the torque of my old Vortec 350, but out on the highway it probably leaves the Vortec in the dust. Plus I can get 23 mpg on the highway pretty easily. Very comfortable cruiser.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from that one place.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
sucks about the titan but I sure love those dodge's

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sucks about the titan but I sure love those dodge's

They are very nice trucks. Plus, satellite radio, Bluetooth, a backup camera, all the goodies.

I had just put $800 worth of tires on that Titan too [emoji17]. Only 1500 miles on them... On the other hand, at least it wasn't my old GMC.

GMT400 update - I got the new parking lamps in and installed. Now the whole lighting situation up front looks fresh and updated. I also got new tie rods in that will go on soon.

Sent from that one place.

NotARealK2500

This'll be my last GMT400, I swear!
Reaction score
I'm a GM guy through and through, but I love the look of those Dodges!

Did they not let you buy back the Titan for scrap? Probably could've salvaged those tires! :hmm:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Shoulda went for the hemi I get 19 with 4x4 fully loaded crew.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shoulda went for the hemi I get 19 with 4x4 fully loaded crew.

Eh. I don't envision needing to tow more than 5000 lbs in the next few years and that's really the only place I'd need the Hemi. I've driven a '12 Ram with the Hemi extensively and while it's an awesome and powerful engine, I don't feel like I miss out on too much in normal day to day driving. And those 4-5 MPGs definitely add up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tore out my bed liner in advance of changing my fuel pump. My thinking has been to cut a hole in the bed with a nibbler I bought from Harbor Freight. Has anyone done this before with a nibbler? Also I'm not set on this method yet, may still decide to remove the bed. What do you guys think?

Does anybody have any idea what this could be? This rod sticks up in the general fuel pump area through a hole drilled in the bed. There used to be one on the other side of the bed that appears to go down to one of the cats. The holes are perfectly symmetrical in the bed. I've never been able to figure out why they are there.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In answer to what that rod sticking through the bed goes to, the answer is absolutely nothing. But they drilled through a portion of that frame crossmember. It's just there. Still no idea what that was for.

Pulled the bed instead of cut it, and removed the old fuel pump today. New one is installed and just have to finish installing the new wiring harness tomorrow before she goes back together (hopefully working). The great news was how easily my bed bolts came out. Makes me reallllllly eager to put a body lift on in the future...

I'm wondering if that pump I took out (pictured) could be the original. The design is different than my apparently better designed Delphi replacement, but I did find a spot on the top where it says Delco, and it didn't have the updated wiring harness. If the original pump made it 254,000 miles...that would be mighty impressive.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They may have had a tool box anchored in the bed or something, that's my only guess.

Yeah, something along those lines is my only guess as well.

Got the harness completed and bolted everything back together today. She fired right up and runs great. The new fuel pump is so much quieter than the old one.