98 5.7 vortec mild build suggestions???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richboss

Reaction score
What’s up guy! First time poster long time reader.

I have a 98 k1500 5.7 4x4 in amazing condition with 120k miles that my dad bought brand new in 98 and gave to me years ago. Now it has a 9.5 inch full throttle life on 35s. I’m looking to do mild performance upgrades on the engine to keep it daily driver worthy but have more torque to haul my small travel trailer and quads occasionally. Im not trying to spend a ton as my girlfriend says I spend too much on my toys (CTS-V, quads, jeep). The engine is mostly stock with a cold air intake, throttle body spacer, super chip, and true dual exhausts. What’s should be next on my list? Oh and I live in California so… yea lol

Thanks for the help!

Richboss

Reaction score
Almost forgot I have to do a lower intake manifold gasket soon so anything I should do while in already down there?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 k1500 5.7 4x4 in amazing condition with 120k miles that my dad bought brand new in 98 and gave to me years ago.
Trucks with history are the best kind.

Now it has a 9.5 inch full throttle life on 35s.
I have no idea what that means.

I’m looking to do mild performance upgrades on the engine to keep it daily driver worthy but have more torque to haul my small travel trailer and quads occasionally.
Good luck. California is insane when it comes to vehicle modification. EVERYTHING you do had better have CARB-approval documentation.

Im not trying to spend a ton as my girlfriend says I spend too much on my toys (CTS-V, quads, jeep).
Step One: Replace the girlfriend. She'll only get worse/more controlling.

The engine is mostly stock with a cold air intake, throttle body spacer, super chip, and true dual exhausts. What’s should be next on my list? Oh and I live in California so… yea lol

Thanks for the help!
First Guess: The truck is already illegal and won't pass smog inspection.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I
Would Do gears and summit smog legal headers .