98 2d 2wd hoe--How much drop before a c notch is required?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luckychucky

Reaction score
i just bought a 98 2wd 2d and am wanting to lower it. My plan is to run 20" or 22" wheels with a small drop? Would a 2/4 drop require a c notch?

My goal In the end is to just have a mild drop with aforementioned size wheels. Trying not to sacrifice ride quality too bad and eliminate too much wheel/fender gap. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
4 is not to drastic so I say no. I have a 4 and it's good unless you hit a bump hard then I hits the frame. Mine is a four door but all about the same frame to axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckychucky

Reaction score
4 is not to drastic so I say no. I have a 4 and it's good unless you hit a bump hard then I hits the frame. Mine is a four door but all about the same frame to axle.

What kind of wheel to fender gap would I have with a 2/4 drop with 20's or 22's?

Reaction score
This is mine with 4/4 and 20's. Little bit of tuck maybe 1/2 inch in front and 1/4 rear. 255/45 in front with 285/50 in rear. I'm actually going to drop the rear another inch to get more tuck. I rolled all the fenders also. I'm going to notch it now just because I still tow a boat with it.

Luckychucky

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks so much for the reply

A couple questions, will my hoe sit level of I drop the front and back 4/4?

And I'm assuming I could run 22's with a 255/40 and 285/40 and achieve the same look?

Thanks again for all the help

Luckychucky

Reaction score
How much offset is too much for wheel to fit?

Most 22's I've looked at are 9 or 9.5 wide

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Oh my! I do believe i found my next family hauler!! To craigslist!!!

Seriously that truck looks amazing!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the reply

A couple questions, will my hoe sit level of I drop the front and back 4/4?

And I'm assuming I could run 22's with a 255/40 and 285/40 and achieve the same look?

Thanks again for all the help

With a 4/4 drop it will have some rake to it. Usually a 4/6 will get it level. Once you go 6" in the rear though the axle is very close to the frame and a notch is a good idea. You could cut the frame and use 5" or 6" round pipe cut in half as the notch and still maintain strength and save some$$$. The 22s will be stuffed a little and some "hammer" clearance may need to be implemented. Or mini tub if you can. My backspace in 4.5 rear and 4.0 front. This can get tricky when dropping and maintaining clearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk