97Bowtie1106's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
This one has a couple inches and has the full capability of tilting all the way back. I had a Valor in my first truck and when it was straight up it rested on the dash bezel. So it just kinda depends on which radio you go with

Also the mounting kit has a big play in it, My metra one just barely sticks out farther than the hvac controls. I hated how far and funky the Walmart Schosche(sp) kit kicked it out...

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those the TYC headlights? or what kind are they?

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I say you need to do something about the bumper, the holes just look strange. You could try to find some polishable(sp?) Lag bolts (the ones with the rounded flat heads) to put in there to cover the holes for a cheap quick fix? Other than that it looks good man, keep it up.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
well me and matt were talking about it and he came up with the idea of getting a chrome stip to cover them like below. But go figure I cant find one anywhere

You must be registered for see images attach

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well me and matt were talking about it and he came up with the idea of getting a chrome stip to cover them like below. But go figure I cant find one anywhere

You must be registered for see images attach

Found this on FSC a while back and I have found an answer:
Got it from the local autozone. Its 28bucks a roll. When you buy it also get another roll of the 3m double sided tape because the two little strips that come on the chrome strip just aint enough to hold it good. Then just rip off your factory trim I used a big screwdiver and ripped it off. Clean up the chrome good from any greese or grim I used paint thinner. Then just put the new stuff on. On my truck I could see where the old stuff was from it being on there for years so I just went off that line. Hope that helps man! Any more questions just ask man.