97Bowtie1106's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97Bow.....I'm glad to see that mirror like air defector gone.
You had me a little worried about that mod until I scrolled down through the pics.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Im looking forward to see how this turns out. I was wanting to do a 3/4 drop on mine.

Im so ready to do mine but I still need to decide how low I want to go and Im waiting for it to warm back up.

I was thinking bout paintitng some stuff on the inside so I will see how yours turns out first. I too have the same color.

I tried to remove my fender trim but sum screws didnt want to budge so I will wait till it warms up. DAMN COLD WEATHER!!!!

You think I should stick with a 3/4 drop or a 4/6 drop? I do trailer my car to the track and I didnt know if it would affect anything.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plan for helper bags or air shocks on the rear if you go 4/6. I'm at 4/6 with Nitro Slammer 4000's and if I load my bike in the back she bottoms out so I can only imagine what towing a trailer would be like.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Im hoping to do bags eventually. I have all the bags and tanks but I need the rest of the parts.:D

They are spare parts and left over parts from other projects at our shop. I got control arms to but we arent sure if they fit my truck.

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
Im looking forward to see how this turns out. I was wanting to do a 3/4 drop on mine.

Im so ready to do mine but I still need to decide how low I want to go and Im waiting for it to warm back up.

I was thinking bout paintitng some stuff on the inside so I will see how yours turns out first. I too have the same color.

I tried to remove my fender trim but sum screws didnt want to budge so I will wait till it warms up. DAMN COLD WEATHER!!!!

You think I should stick with a 3/4 drop or a 4/6 drop? I do trailer my car to the track and I didnt know if it would affect anything.

same, i decided to go 3/4 because my truck is an every day driver, i tow, and haul loaded haywagons in the summer, the roads i liveo n and my friends all live on are gravel and dirt roads... i carry alot of heavy stuff when im working... so im going 3/4 with a set of helper bags in the rear aswell... 4/6 was just a little much for me to take into consideration and i dont want to do an axle flip and C-Notch... i would assume a 3/4 may be better for towing? :)

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking to. I think I will go 3/4 till I can get all pieces for the bag setup.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
small update..sanded my door handle bezel and sprayed it to match the truck

You must be registered for see images attach

That looks real good. That is real close to the color I will be painting my truck. Mine is the GM Emerald green metallic.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
thanks guys

got my gmc grill in primer and hopefully it will be painted today