97 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to sale my 97 Silverado. Located in West Virginia. Truck originally came from Georgia. Any more info or pics needed I can send. 97 Chevy Silverado. 5.7 245,000 on body and motor. New transmission have paperwork for it. Just painted in October. Has spray in bed liner and rock guard along the bottom of the body like a new Silverado. Truck just appraised for $12,500. Will consider offers and or trade with boot on your end. Pm for more pics and info.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
$12+ appraisal, that seems like an awful lot for something with 240k on it, but it does look nice on the int/ext.. GLWS

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No insurance company will give you $12,500 for a 20 year old truck with 245,000 miles on it if you total it. I don't know who appraised your truck, but they DKS. Your truck is nice, but in the real world, it is only worth what someone else will give for it, or what the insurance will pay you if you total it. The truth is, if you total the truck, the insurance won't give more than about $5000, maybe. Not trying to be an ******* here, but anyone that has been a member on this forum for a while, and has had there truck for a while. knows what these trucks are worth, and they are just not worth that much money no matter how nice they are.

Last edited:

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually idk what insurance you have. But I took my appraisal to him. He took record of it. And it's now covered for $12,500 at total loss. A certified appraisal means a lot.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go to NADA.com and see what it is really worth. I don't call someone out very often, but someone has you snowed if you believe that your truck is worth that much. Or go to any car lot, and see what they will give you for the truck.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nada isn't always the most accurate. Especially on older vehicles. That's like trying to nada a hot rod. I wouldn't be very accurate even if it did go back that far in age. That's why you go have one appraised. Yes I know nada says it worth like 4500 in excellent condition. But come to wv. These truck here that go for $4500 are almost always rust buckets. Yeah you find a diamond in the rough here and there. But you'll pay dearly up here to get one with original body panels in them.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be a classic, it has to be 30 years old, or older.