97 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale, but IMO you're asking way too much. Nice clean looking truck, but even with a fresh paint job 200K+ miles on anything is going to be a hard sell. You'd be extremely lucky to get $6K in my area.

I would not put any stock in your insurance appraisal. Even if they pay out that much if you total it, that's not going to mean anything to a potential buyer.

Last edited:

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did I read that right? you guys are getting north of $4k for a rot box? let's talk, I got some deals for you!!

seriously though, nice looking truck & good luck w/ the sale.

if you want closer to your appraisal, you might have to total it

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what your up against for those shopping trucks with that budget:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/ctd/6032120659.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That truck is nasty....IMO, I would rather have the 97. But I think those black wheels are the ugliest thing anyone could do to a truck. I don't particularly like that body style either....again, just my opinion..

To me the mileage is not a big deal. I've seen a lot of trucks beat to death with fairly low mileage.
New crate motors are pretty reasonable when if you need a new engine.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fellas don't beat the guy up. if he says he got it appraised for 12k then he got it appraised for 12k. yes this fellow is correct it does go by location just like real estate. in my area a truck like that would probably fetch 10k and thats just from looking at those couple pics. i've had offers on my truck for 11k and i didn't sell. and i'm in a different state. i saw a 96 rcsb sitting in a used lot at a chevy dealer with a 7999 special sticker on it. so let the man be, and if someone wants to pony up his asking price let him.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
X2 you never know. If i could find my dream gmt400 i would have no problem spending that kind of money as long as everything is absolutly perfect. even with a quarter million miles.

Also to the op, im pretty much a craigslist master lol, you have got to work on that add if you expect to get anyones attention. Make pros, cons, modifications lists, just more general info about the truck in a structured form. Most people wont bother calling when you dont put very many details in a ad for something like this. Take my advise with a grain of salt but that has worked for me more times than none.

Last edited: