96k3500 454 Whipple Supercharger build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need some templates of your brackets. If you dont mind just making a couple of tracings and scanning them and emailing them It'd be Awesome!!

What brackets? The Supercharger mount bracket, or the alternator relocate pulley or? They are all bolted together so it might be a little tricky. I'll see what I can do.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you add an intercooler with this?

I am not going to add an intercooler to start. We'll see what EGT looks like and take it from there. It is a pretty modest boost though It is my dream to fashion a top mounted intercooler to take advantage of the pressurized air coming in from the cowl hood.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my injectors, EGT sensor + Innovate LMA3 all on their way to me. I should be able to get it all installed over the next 1-2 weeks in time for the ECM to arrive.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's awesome man. I guess you already figured your ECM route out. but if you want, theres a guy on the 454ss.com site that has a ECM with EBL for multipoint injection for sale.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wester's Garage in Canada. $400 lifetime tune. He will send you an updated ECM whenever you make a change that warrants a new tune. All it costs is shipping whenever I get a new tune. I happen to know that he has experience tuning the L29 7.4 Vortec with a charger and from what I hear it is a good tune.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I decided to go analog gauges on my new gauges. I can't help it. I love gauges. I was trying to fight it and stick with the virtual gauges, but I couldn't help it. So, I will have 5 gauges total. 3 will go in my existing triple gauge pod and 2 will either go in the overhead console (since I don't have the data display) or go on the steering column cover.

Right now I have my 2 AFR gauges and trans temp in the triple gauge pod. The 2 AFR gauges will go in the overhead console or steering column. The triple gauge pod will have EGT, boost and trans temp. They are all Autometer Z series.

You must be registered for see images

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plus, look what I came across. I couldn't pass these up. Two 8" Baja Designs HID LaPaz SOLTEK offroad lights. These are new for $700/pr. I got em for $200 trade value for some wheels I had. If you have never seen the light output of these, they are INTENSE. I have never seen anything like it.

I am gonna bolt these right to the front bumper.

You must be registered for see images

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the gauges....you should really look into the aeroforce interceptors. They do everything!!! They can monitor anything an OBD can plus boost, oil pressure, Air Fuel, etc, etc, etc. They can scroll through parameters you select, have warning lights once things hit certain temps, etc.

You could do MORE with with 2 aeroforce gauges that you could with the 6 gauges you want to run. Search for a video of them on youtube.

THIS IS MY OLD TRUCK I just sold 3 months ago...I have some installed on my pillar you can kind of see.
http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70100&highlight=built

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya. Problem is, I can't afford my datalogger setup + those gauges; it's either/or and I would rather have the capability to run logs for my tuner. Adding a few analog gauges on top of my data logger setup (2xLC-1, 1xOT-1 and 1xLMA3) is relatively cheap.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I decided to go with a Diesel front bumper for the extra cooling. For one, I wanted a new front bumper and for two, the additional airflow will help compensate for any increase in temperatures from the blower.

Looks like this, but I got it smoothie style without trim strips.

You must be registered for see images attach