96k3500 454 Whipple Supercharger build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck's idle is a little rougher with the colder range plugs and the closer gap. I am not sure why that is, but it isn't missing and I really don't care how it idles when it runs this fast.

I really need to look at brakes next. My truck is very fast now (for its size) and the brakes are suddenly very insufficient.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys...

She's down for a transfer case rebuild. This extra power cost me a few fresh u-joints and a t-case rebuild so far. The truck is running superb!

It's been towing good all summer but now my t-case is clunking pretty bad.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
The truck's idle is a little rougher with the colder range plugs and the closer gap. I am not sure why that is, but it isn't missing and I really don't care how it idles when it runs this fast.

I really need to look at brakes next. My truck is very fast now (for its size) and the brakes are suddenly very insufficient.

Time to look into hydraboost! Im glad you are still working on this thing! I may be following in your footsteps very soon with my K3500 and running a Whipple on my 350. Will def be speaking to westers garage about that project as well as my diesel since he was recommended for tunes on that truck as well.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally getting t-case rebuilt today. I have missed my truck the last two months.

I think I need to get the Whipple rebuilt next... The internal bearings are starting to get a little noisy.