'96 Silverado starting problem, can't figure it out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93M6Formula

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright guys, i've been messing with my buddies truck for awhile and can't figure what the hell is going on.
i'm not sure on any history but all I know is one day it was starting hard and he took it to a shop and they replaced the starter, then apparently it was fine until now when it started doing it again.
The issue is that the starter was turning really slow and wouldn't fire the truck and then it finally stopped turning. I put a new starter on it after the recently replaced one failed the test. The new starter did the same thing, it turned slow and wouldn't fire the truck. I finally found a ground strap by the passenger manifold that was broken and figured this was the issue. I put a new one on and it started right up. Gave it back to him and a week later it wouldn't start again. This time it broke the starter cone off the new starter from hard starting i'm guessing. Once again, new starter and then all of the sudden it was fine for a few days. Now i'm back at it, he drove it over just fine and I started it warm a dozen times and it didn't skip a beat and turned over smooth. Next day, went to start it and now it just cranks, no fire. What the hell could it be? I'm starting to think it's a timing issue of some sort but i'm unsure where to look? It has plenty of fuel pressure and even with gas down the throttle body, it just hickups and doesn't fire.

Last edited: