96 k2500 passenger rocking seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Chair rocks bad, come to find out the rail that mounts to the floor is badly bent, not really seeing a clear way to separate it and attempt to straighten.. any insight would be appreciated.

Uploading pictures of each side to show how it should be vs the bent side.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Not sure if it helps but this is an extended cab truck and I think they call this an easy entry seat or something similar, really hoping someone else had this issue before me! Been this way since I bought the truck in 2013 so I have no clue how it happened in the first place... hoping finding a donor seat isn't my only option because this seat is pretty damn Clean otherwise (besides the crud on the underside)

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The cushion is bolted to the frame. You are going to have to slide the seat all the way fwd to get to the 2 back bolts, and slide it all the way backward to get to the front bolts. Then you can swap out the frame with a good frame, or fix your frame. Also FYI, the top section can be separated from the bottom section. I installed a set of seats out of a 1995 Tahoe, in my 97 Silverado. Well I found the Tahoe seats at a swap meet - car show. The passengers seat bottom had a small cigarette burn on it, and it didn't slide fwd. I took the back off of the Tahoe seat and installed that on my seat bottom. Reason beeing the Tahoe seats are bucket seats. I had 60-40 seats, 40 on the passengers side. So the bottom was the same. By using my OE base, this let me still slide it fwd for rear seat access. And by using the Tahoe top, I had an arm rest on the seat just like the drivers power Tahoe seat, so it gave me a matched set of seats. Take a look at some videos on youtube. Try typing in c1500 seat repairs or something like that. Here are pics of mine.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is a video for you.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, probably going to have to just swap the lower part or "riser" as he calls it since I can't see a way to separate the lowest section, at least I won't have to care about the condition of the seat in that case.