96 k1500 swap to 99 c2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NicoF

Reaction score
So I had a 99 c2500 with a 5.7 that ended up blowing up after about a month of buying the truck. So I found a rolling and driving frame with the motor tranny transfer case and everything from a 96 k1500 burb I was wondering what’s the easiest was to go about swapping it…. Solid axle on the 3/4 ton frame or pull the front end off the burb and swap everything into the 3/4 ton frame with the 1/2 ton front end maybe chop the frame and swap the rear ends around, I’m just throwing some ideas out. Let me know what you think and how should go about this

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
So I had a 99 c2500 with a 5.7 that ended up blowing up after about a month of buying the truck. So I found a rolling and driving frame with the motor tranny transfer case and everything from a 96 k1500 burb I was wondering what’s the easiest was to go about swapping it…. Solid axle on the 3/4 ton frame or pull the front end off the burb and swap everything into the 3/4 ton frame with the 1/2 ton front end…. Let me know some ideas about how i should go about this

2wd and 4wd frames are vastly different. Your best option would probably be to sell what you've got and buy a 4wd, if a 4wd is what you want. Otherwise, I'd suggest swapping the engine to the C2500 and keeping it 2wd.