96 chevy truck engine change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fixitup

Reaction score
Have a friend with a 96 chevy 5 speed manual. He removed the original 305 and built an older 350 30 over and a bigger cam. He kept the original fuel injection from the 305. Engine starts and idles great but has no power. Any ideas where I might go to fix this issue.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a friend with a 96 chevy 5 speed manual. He removed the original 305 and built an older 350 30 over and a bigger cam. He kept the original fuel injection from the 305. Engine starts and idles great but has no power. Any ideas where I might go to fix this issue.

Same ECU and configuration (no "tune")?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How is he running the crank sensor? What type of distributor is in it? Fuel pressure?

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering if the crank sensor got swapped over as well but then again it starts and idles. As has been mentioned above has the PCM been reprogrammed/ tuned?

Fixitup

Reaction score
I was wondering if the crank sensor got swapped over as well but then again it starts and idles. As has been mentioned above has the PCM been reprogrammed/ tuned?
Everyone says there isn't anyone that can program 96 and later to the 350 engine. Thought we had found a place that could write a new program for ecm but didn't work out