96 C1500 New to Forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
a 1" block would be easier to install.

I know blocks are easier, but when I do load the truck up, I could use some stiffer leafs. I load it up with two cubic yards of topsoil about every two/three months... lot of landscaping... and with that weight the spare tire sits about 7" off thr ground. I know blocks will give me some more clearance but i'd like to stiffen up the rear end too.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
a 2500 leaf pack would help but may give yo more lift than you want.

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What wheel backspace and tires you got on there?

About 4.5" Backspacing. I just went and took a rough measurement from the spare... same rims. They're 15x7's that my dad brought the truck home on one day... haha. The tires are 31x10.50r15 BFG AT's

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, i've considered moving to the 2500 leafs, but that may be overkill for the majority of the driving I to daily. Exactly why I'm in the forum now... got questions... you guys have answers

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Thanks, Great lookin truck by the way... I was looking at pic's of your truck just yesterday.

Thanks. I have an AAL as well as 2.5 block in the rear. The AAL made the rear a bit stiffer. I haul around my 900 lbs ATV semi-often, so like you I wanted it better for that. I didn't install it though, a buddy's shop did, so I can't tell you if it was very hard. But I imagine dealing with the spring pack can get hairy.

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I have an AAL as well as 2.5 block in the rear. The AAL made the rear a bit stiffer. I haul around my 900 lbs ATV semi-often, so like you I wanted it better for that. I didn't install it though, a buddy's shop did, so I can't tell you if it was very hard. But I imagine dealing with the spring pack can get hairy.

Okay, yeah I just did the math... I'm looking at one cubic yard of mulch weighted anywhere from 500-800 lbs and I load two buckets so in total thats 1000+ lbs about every two/three months so our situations aren't too different. It is my daily driver though so I don't want to kill myself on my 60 commute.
And regarding the install, I'm not too skilled with mechanic work, i'll be the first to admit that! I'd be having it installed at 4wheel parts, I brought them the spindles and they did the install along with new Rancho RS5000 shocks and extended brake lines up front. They recommended an AAL over blocks.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Okay, yeah I just did the math... I'm looking at one cubic yard of mulch weighted anywhere from 500-800 lbs and I load two buckets so in total thats 1000+ lbs about every two/three months so our situations aren't too different. It is my daily driver though so I don't want to kill myself on my 60 commute.
And regarding the install, I'm not too skilled with mechanic work, i'll be the first to admit that! I'd be having it installed at 4wheel parts, I brought them the spindles and they did the install along with new Rancho RS5000 shocks and extended brake lines up front. They recommended an AAL over blocks.

Hopefully the 4WP by you is better than the one by me. While I can't speak to their mechanical work, their customer service here has been the worst I have seen in my life. I ordered 5 wheels from Pro Comp (who is owned by 4 wheel parts) going on 18 weeks ago. 4 of them came in about 3 weeks ago (they never told me they were back ordered or could ever give me an ETA), the 5th was scratched, I am still waiting for a replacement (again with no ETA, best guess is December). I called them probably a dozen or two times over the past 18 weeks, they always say they have no info and will call back. I have only ever received a call back once, after I blew up their Facebook and emailed the store manager directly. I will never buy from again.

I had a GM performance shop install my lift while they did some other work on my truck.