96 C1500 New to Forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
I just pulled my ATV into the bed, dropped 1.5". My spare was in there as well, so probably close to 1000 lbs. Before the AAL, it dropped about 2".

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just pulled my ATV into the bed, dropped 1.5". My spare was in there as well, so probably close to 1000 lbs. Before the AAL, it dropped about 2".

hmm, well thats not bad. With the new AAL out back underload, I'll be better off than I am now.

What shocks are you running? I'm curious if you've got some stiffer shocks.
My RS5000's are right around OEM specs, and I like the ride. Not too firm or too soft, but of course I don't know how the OE shocks rode new cuz I was 4 years old then...

And for your situation with 4WP... that's rough. My shop wasn't bad. They did follow their schedule and things turned out fine for me.

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I'm up in the Central Valley, so probably about 6-7 hours north of you. Take your truck to the beaches much? It would be fun to zip around the sand in a lifted 2wd.

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm up in the Central Valley, so probably about 6-7 hours north of you. Take your truck to the beaches much? It would be fun to zip around the sand in a lifted 2wd.

No never have, I just do a little off roading when hunting. Haven't headed north for any reason, its really just a cleaned up DD family work truck. Needed a little more clearence so i went with the 4"Spindles. Soon to lift up the rear a tad.